dinsdag, september 26, 2006

Played my best session ever but....

losing my biggest pot ever (almost $1000).
Still in poker you shouldn't always look at the results. As long as your decessions are correct the results don't really matter in the short term. So last night I played perfect poker for about 2,5 hours. Even with losing this huge pot, I still ended up about $250 in the plus.

Below is the big hand I'm talking about. The other player in the hand is at the table for about an hour on the table and won 2 big pots with rag cards in which he didn't play very well.
I also won one nice pot of about $100 from him were he tried to bluff me on the river on a K9942 board with QJo. So I didn't respect his play much and knew that he was capable of big overbets bluff.

***** Hand History for Game 5247490243 ***** $200
NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, September 25, 17:44:45 ET 2006
Table Monster #1292821 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 6: PayStation4 ( $477.13 )
Seat 5: IAMINTROUBLE ( $510.59 )
Seat 2: daniel911222 ( $132.52 )
Seat 4: frugg81 ( $178.40 )
Seat 1: tinom888 ( $150.01 )
Seat 3: AArbitrage ( $180 )
IAMINTROUBLE posts small blind [$1].
PayStation4 posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to PayStation4 [ Jd Jc ]
tinom888 folds.
daniel911222 calls [$2].
AArbitrage calls [$2].
frugg81 folds.
IAMINTROUBLE raises [$13].
PayStation4 calls [$12]. >> I could have re-raised here and most of the time I will do, especially against loose players, but this time I decided to flat call.
daniel911222 calls [$12].
AArbitrage calls [$12].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jh, Ah, 8h ] >> dangerous flop, but I always try to play a set fast on such a board. The ace of hearts on the board makes it more unlikely that someone holds the flush
IAMINTROUBLE bets [$24]. >> A c-bet which is a bit on the low side, which convinces me that he is not that strong
PayStation4 raises [$75]. >> I raise a bit to low I think, but at least I will know with this raise if the other 2 players have anything
daniel911222 folds.
AArbitrage folds.
IAMINTROUBLE calls [$51]. >> His flat call her shows me that he hasn't AA for sure, because he would certainly be 4-betting that here. I put him on AxKh most likely.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kd ]
IAMINTROUBLE is all-In [$421.59] >> He instantly betted all-in on this turn, which isn't a sign of strength, because then he would want me to call en this is not an easy call at all offcourse, so AxKh looks even more likely now but the hand I'm scared for is KxKh obviously.
PayStation4 is all-In [$388.13] >> I called pretty quick here, because I thought his bet was weak and I saw him doing something similiar before with nothing. The only hand that could beat me that he could have here was KK, for the rest of the possible hand he had like 10-13 outs I would say (He had one heart for sure I thought)
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ] >> He hits one his 13 outs and I'm down to zero.....
IAMINTROUBLE shows [ Qd, Qh ] a straight, ten to ace.
PayStation4 doesn't show [ Jd, Jc ] three of a kind, jacks.
The time at which hand ended:Sep 25 2006 17:45 ET IAMINTROUBLE wins $33.46 from side pot #1 with a straight, ten to ace. IAMINTROUBLE wins $978.76 from the main pot with a straight, ten to ace

After the hand I wasn't really upset or something, I just went on and played the same good poker and was happy with my good call here. I think that's one of the most important things when playing on a certain limit, if you can't handle a 2,5 buy-in loss in like 1 hand you're probably playing above your comfort level and should move down.

Hands played in september ~33000
Won in cash games ~$1400
Received from VIP bonus $150
Won in Tourney $100
Pending Red carpet bonus $250
BR beginning of september: $11,540
Current BR : ~$13,450

Geen opmerkingen: