vrijdag, december 29, 2006

Year end reflections and looking forward

2006 is almost over and its time for some reflection and some looking forward (with goals).
At the beginning of the year I was playing some 0,50/1,00 limit and basically playing break
even. I limped KJo UTG and probably made lots of other stupid moves (lots of slowplaying).

During february I decided to switch to SNG's and some tourneys. I bought some books (theory
of poker was the first one). Through this book I found out about www.twoplustwo.com which
is a great site with lots of good advice from very experienced players.

I played about 1,000 SNG's with an average return of about 20% and won a $6 tourney for about
$1250 in April. That moment I decided to move to No limit (full ring). I started at NL100
with a BR of about $3000. Did this for about 3 months (moved to NL200 with $6000 in July)
and then came to the conclusion that everybody was moving to 6max.

At full ring its basically just set mining, 6 max is a total different game, but I think its
lots more fun and you have a bigger advantage against the donks at your table. Started in
August with 6max and a bankroll of $7000 and I've never regretted that decision.

After NY my bankroll is back to about $23,2K (withdraw 3K) and as some of you know I will
start as a 'pro' beginning in february/march. I really have the feeling that this is the
right moment to take the step. Especially here in the Netherlands poker is really booming
and with all the legilation issues in the US you never know how long it holds on and I don't
see myself doing this for more then 3 years.

I'm gonna try to play about 35 hours poker each week and also teach about 4 starting players.
My goal for next year will be to make about an average of 12,5K per month. Take one month
holiday off and january as I will not play full-time in that month and my goal for next
year is about 130K. Yep I know it sounds like a lot, but I really think it should be
attainable because I think I'm capable of playing anywhere between 80K and 100K hands a month.
To get to this goal I don't even have to play higher then NL200 for this. So when I will move
up to NL400/NL600/NL1000, which is likely giving the BR I will probably have somewhere in the
middle of the year, this will be a lot more (if I'm a winner there as well).

I think a winrate of 3 - 3,5 while 8-tabling NL200 and 6 on NL100 is possible for me.
Offcourse I can move up earlier, but I just like my low variance income this way (my StDev
is about 39BB/100 which is pretty low). Offcourse I will try NL400/600/1000 when the time is
good for it so my goals ($ wise) are likely on the low side....

Goals 2006:

Play 1,000,000 hands
Earn $120,000 in cash games
Earn $ 15,000 in bonuses
Learn 4 students to play NL100 6 max as a winner

Wish you all a very happy, healthy and profitable new year!

Hands played : 43,177 (Stars + Party since 27/11/2006, 2 screens)
$ Won in cashgames : $6,768.33
PTBB/100 : 4,99
MT ratio : 6,38 (some laptop 4-tabling)
Hourly win rate: $80,15

Current BR: ~$27,500
Withdrawn in NY -$3,000
BR to start 2007 with $24,500

4 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

He Maurice,

Mooie doelstellingen. Ben benieuwd hoe je de "studenten"gaat aanpakken. Veel succes!!

Groeten,

Edmé

Anoniem zei

supbro, i randomly found this blog searching for my party SN on google.

i've played with you quite a bit

Maurice zei

Think I remember you andy. On Party isn't it? You're a good player from what I've seen.

Anoniem zei

Hey Maurice,

leuke doelstellingen! Alvast een gelukkig en gezond nieuwjaar!

Greetz,

PS je zal wel een hoop kandidaat-studenten hebben...geweldig initiatief. Ik had in ieder geval graag je student geweest :-)