maandag, december 31, 2007

Final 2007 update

First of all, sorry for the lack of updates recently, but I hope to compensate it with this somewhat longer then normal update.
I was kind of poker tired, so I just spend my poker time into effective playing hours.

2007
In 2007 I managed to put in 1314 poker hours, which is about 110 hours a month. I know it doesnt sound much (normal job here is about 168 hours a month), but I found out that it's not good for my game and health to play 8 hours every day.

So looking back at my goals in the beginning of the year I did not manage to play 1 million hands (my guess is around 750K hands), but I managed to reach my earned money goal with a very wide margin (goal was $120,000).

The best thing about this year was that my monthly income was very stable, better then I ever would have expected. All my months were $12K+ and my worst month was exactly half of my best month....so do some calculations and you know the 2007 results. I know people would like to see a year graph, but I have 5 PT databases so making one graph would cost me some photoshop time and it's probably a very boring (but nice) upwards sloping line.

2008

I would love to put some goals here for 2008, but I'll have to say that I'm not exactly sure what they will be. I don't know if I'm capable of putting another 100 hours a month of grinding NL400/NL600/NL1000. I'm now at a point were I could take the step from medium stakes to the higer stakes (NL1000+), but it's not just a small change in games. I should change my schedule for example, or play on different sites.
I know a lot of players get a kick from competing with the best and are action junkies, but I'm different in that.
Offcourse I like to play with good/better players some of the time, because it makes the game so much more interesting, but I'm not really an 'ego' player who always wants be the best and outplay others.

This was it for now, hope to update my blog more recently in the new year.
Finally I want to thank everybody for reading and wish everyone a happy new year.

Playing a flushdraw againt a donk.....

EverestPoker Game #2564351381: Table Bamako-0 - $2.00/$4.00 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:36:06 - 2007/12/27
Seat 1: BldZwtTrn ($440.10)
Seat 2: luckystrike1 ($1,475.54)
Seat 3: I_Destroy_U ($374.00)
Seat 4: Garuda72 ($607.80)
Seat 5: tristan217 ($240.00)
Seat 6: kaminari ($459.90)
kaminari posts the small blind of $2.00
BldZwtTrn posts the big blind of $4.00
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BldZwtTrn[9c Ac]
luckystrike1 raises to $8.00
I_Destroy_U folds
Garuda72 folds
kaminari folds
BldZwtTrn calls $4.00
*** FLOP *** [Th 7c Kc]
BldZwtTrn bets $12.00
luckystrike1 raises to $24.00
BldZwtTrn calls $12.00
*** TURN *** [Th 7c Kc] [9d]
BldZwtTrn bets $14.00
luckystrike1 raises to $28.00
BldZwtTrn calls $14.00
*** RIVER *** [Th 7c Kc 9d] [2c]
BldZwtTrn bets $380.10 and is all-in
luckystrike1 calls $380.10
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BldZwtTrn shows [9c Ac]
luckystrike1 shows [Kd Td]
*** SUMMARY ***
Board: [Th 7c Kc 9d 2c]
BldZwtTrn collects $880.20

5 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Een mooi resultaat. Ik volg je blog nu af en toe nadat ik hem toevallig in een Nederpoker link tegenkwam.
Ik zit zelf met dezelfde vraagstukken als waar jij mee zit. Sins een paar maanden speel ik min of meer fulltime en ik heb me daar exact dezelfde doelstellingen voor gesteld als die van jou van het afgelopen jaar.
Ik vraag me nu ook af hoe ik het in 2008 wil aanpakken. Meer dan 100 uur per maand trek ik ook maar moeizaam, misschien is het ook niet realistisch voor SHNLH. Het vergt toch meer van je dan FullRing, iets wat ik wel makkelijk 8 uur per dag kan volhouden.
Ook wat betreft de limieten twijfel ik of ik wel naar 5/10 en hoger zou gaan. Ik ben nu zwaar overrolled op de middlestakes maar daar heeft mijn ego toch echt geen last van! Inderdaad is het interessant en leerzaam om tegen betere regs te spelen maar de voldoening ligt voor mij toch echt in het winnen van geld, iets wat op de 2/4 en 3/6 nog steeds vrij makkelijk te doen is, ;). Ik denk er dan ook over om me juist veel breder te gaan ontwikkelen in alle varianten van poker zodat ik volgend jaar alle vormen van poker op de middlestakes kan verslaan. Ik heb gemerkt dat nieuwe vormen van poker ook de sleur wat kan wegnemen van het eeuwige grinden. Misschien een ideetje. Wat je ook kiest, succes ermee en ik kom je nog weleens tegen denk ik zo....
In plaats

Anoniem zei

Hey Maurice, leuke update van het afgelopen jaar.
Ik hoop dat je je blog ook in het nieuwe jaar blijft onderhouden, vind hem altijd leuk om te lezen.

Groet en de beste wensen van,

Jos & Yuko

Anoniem zei

He Maurice,
ik lees je blog al best lang. Ik heb al je posts gelezen en ik heb er van genoten. Ik hoop ook dat je blog blijft onderhouden, lees hem altijd met veel plezier. Ik hoop in 2008 ergens tussen jouw en Panic in te zitten ;-).

Veel Suc6 in 2008!
Gr Joost

Anoniem zei

He Maurice, heb je blog zo ongeveer sinds feb'07 gevolgd, en moet zeggen dat ik de ontwikkeling die je gedurende het jaar hebt meegemaakt erg interessant vind.

Je mentaliteit en visie tegenover het spel laat een andere kant zien van hoe het ook kan. Mooie blog om te lezen en GL at the tables in 2008 !

Anoniem zei

hoi maurice

leuke post weer, ik heb je mail gevonden hier maar is van tiscali, dus weet niet of dat goed gaat...

groetjes lizet
misbehave op everest