donderdag, april 22, 2010

I should have known....

....that posting about running good is asking for some bad luck.
After my upswing of 40k hands, I had a period of 40k hands were I lost 20 buy-ins.

I don't know if it sounds familiar, but if I have been running hot for a while, like I did in the beginning of the month, I'm almost scared to play again, knowing that luck will probably turn into bad luck any time soon.
On the other hand, when I have a period of running not so good, I have the tendency to play more then normal just to get out of the downswing as fast as possible.

But when I think rationally, I know that the past has no impact on future hands, so when I have for example 20 buyins of luck (I know it's hard to decifer the exact luck factor) or bad luck over a period of time it doesn't mean that it will happen the other way around in the next period....

Am I the only who thinks like this?

3 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Lol ik heb precies hetzelfde, ga vanzelf minder spelen als ik in een upswing zit omdat ik bang ben om het weer te verliezen hehe..

greets burniemac

Anoniem zei

Was thinking that way a lot last year, now I dont anymore. Onley thinking about playing good and making my hours. Because on the long run I know what my hour income is. But it sounds very familiar, running bad playing a lot to get out of the downswing. Running good playing more few, because afraid to get in the bad run again. Greets Jos

Unknown zei

Heb ik ook last van.

En denk dat bijna elke pokerspeler dit wel heeft.