dinsdag, augustus 21, 2007

Tricky play goes wrong....

In this hand, I make a tricky play against an agressive/good player.
The final all-in call was very thin, but I thought I had at least 12 outs, but I was wrong and was drawing dead.

EverestPoker Game #1967136494: Table Bamako-6 - $2.00/$4.00 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:57:50 - 2007/08/21
Seat 1: BldZwtTrn ($404.90)
Seat 2: MARC49 ($381.50)
Seat 3: vilja ($407.60)
Seat 4: wadi777 ($200.60)
Seat 5: enyogo ($405.80) > 21/17/3
MARC49 posts the small blind of $2.00
vilja posts the big blind of $4.00
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BldZwtTrn[Ac 7c]
wadi777 folds
enyogo raises to $14.00
BldZwtTrn calls $14.00
MARC49 folds
vilja folds
*** FLOP *** [3c 6s 4d]
enyogo bets $26.00
BldZwtTrn calls $26.00
*** TURN *** [3c 6s 4d] [6c]
enyogo bets $60.00
BldZwtTrn raises to $155.00
enyogo raises to $365.80 and is all-in
BldZwtTrn calls $209.90 and is all-in
Uncalled bet of $0.90 returned to enyogo
*** SHOW DOWN ***
enyogo shows [4c 4s]
BldZwtTrn shows [Ac 7c]
*** RIVER *** [3c 6s 4d 6c] [8d]
*** SUMMARY ***
Board: [3c 6s 4d 6c 8d]
enyogo collects $813.80

7 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Hello Maurice,

I've read your entire blog and I'm really impressed by your results. Infact, they're mindblowing.

I'm currently just grinding for bonuses on full ring FL $1/$2. However I really enjoy playing NL but have no experience from cash games (only sit 'n go).

What would be your advice for a novice who wants to take up NL? What level to start at? Full ring or short handed? My BR is about $3.000. NL50?

Any tips on stuff to read, books or on 2+2?

Regards from Sweden .. and keep it up.

Jullius zei

Hi,

just wanted to know wheter you decided to make a tricky play pre-flop/on the flop, because I don't like your calls at all.

Well at least you created a wild image I guess. I really like to read you 'hand of the day' and I must say I appreciate the fact that you also show us losing/misplayed(?) hands.

Keep up the good work!

/julliuss

Maurice zei

Thanx for your compliment.
Nice to hear that people take the time to read my entire blog....

I think that SNG's are an excellent start for playing cash or tournaments, they are the best training.

I started with about the same BR after playing SNG's on the NL100 and at first I played full ring, but at the moment 6max is THE game.

Other tips: read as much as you can, so forums (2+2 is the best), books, video's and so on.

Good luck

Maurice zei

@ julius

I don't play every hand perfect offcourse. But yes I sometimes decide to make a call like this on the flop. It's not that bad with position against an agressive player and some outs to the nuts.
I definately could play 66/44 the same here, so its a pretty scary line, but he happens to have 44 himself.

My call on the turn is very thin. I did not took sets in his range and that makes the call bad (I have 31% against QQ+ and 23% if you count 44 and 33, against an overpair I should make the call there, with 44 and 33 included not.

Anoniem zei

Me again (first poster).

I've read that you started out on fullring tables.

Would you rather have gone directly to shorthanded or are you glad to have spent some time on the FR ones? Any pro's and con's for a new player?

Whenever I have played some NL CG, it has always been SH. FR just seems quite too boring (I can play 2 tables max simultaneously on my laptop). I have not even played 500 hands though so my experience is close to none.

Maurice zei

I would start with 6max.
If you played SNG's you probably know how to play SH, so 6max shouldn't be that difficult. And most important it's the most played game and most profitable.

So FR experience doesn't help you that much, SNG experience helps you more.

And move down to NL50 if you don't feel comfartable on NL100. Moving down is no shame. I still play NL200 a lot, just to work on my game or when I don't feel like play higher.

Anoniem zei

Thanks for your advice.

I actually twotabled 6max at Party yesterday (NL50) for twenty minutes or so and won about $90.

I'll actually post a HH for you to contemplate, but I'll do it tomorrow. :)