dinsdag, september 11, 2007

High stakes poker style

Hand of today is a hand from a live homegame I played yesterday.
We are playing 0,10/0,20 with 200BB buy-ins.
Just like in HSP we have a rule that if you win with 72o/72s you will get 2BB from every player.

So on to the hand.
It's 8-handed and I'm in MP with 72o (the ten of clubs is burned). 2 limpers in front of me and I make it 1,20 to go. I get 2 callers in the blinds and the limpers join the club. So 5-way to the flop.
Flop is TdTs6d and one guy from the blinds (40 behind) makes it 3 to go.
He plays quite agressive and is someone who bets/raises his draws.
2 limpers fold and I decide to call here, because raising here doesn't make much sense with a strong hand, so if I want to bluff, I'll have to do that on the turn like I would do with a strong hand.

Turn is another 6 and he now bets 7 into a pot of 12. He has about 30 behind after this bet and I cover. The hands I put him on are some PP (most likely 77-99)/diamond draw or maybe a 6. I think he never has a ten here. I also think he will fold everything besides the 6 offcourse, because by raising I'm basically saying that I have at least JJ, so after long consideration I say all-in.

No instacall by him so I'm probably good here. Turns out he had a flushdraw and because were playing deepstacked he didt get the odds to call here (only if he knew I had 72o offcourse), but he put me on KK/QQ.
So he makes the fold and I show 72o and feel like Phil Hellmuth bluffing Mike Matusow off KK for a second with the only difference that this was a $20 pot instead of $50K.

5 opmerkingen:

smashmonitors zei

Thanks for rubbing it in broh!
The bluffer got bluffed

In my defence, let me give you my side of the story ;-);

Up until then, I had not played one single large pot with you. So i was gambling a bit to find a good spot to play with you.
This hand looked like a perfect opportunity to muscle you out of a pot with a better holding than me.
I know a little how you play, and I have seen you fold decent holdings before. I assumed that you are capable of folding an overpair (which i thought you had).
Little did i know you had the exact hand with which you needed to shut me out off the hand..

So the question remains; would i have been able to get you of QQ or KK if you really had them !?

grz
martijn

smashmonitors zei

kan dit natuurlijk gewoon in nederlands zetten, maar ik weet niet hoe internationaal je publiek is mike...

Maurice zei

He Martijn, sportief dat je nog even reageerd ;-)

Denk dat je me heel moeilijk van KK/QQ af had kunnen krijgen hier. Zeker doordat je 2 keer tegen me in betten zag ik dat eerder als zwak dan zeer sterk.
Als je op de turn echter gecheck-raised had dan had ik een zeer moeilijke beslissing gehad met KK/QQ.
BTW mijn mail voor de mailinglist is: maurice1979 at tiscali dot nl

Anoniem zei

Leuke post weer maurice :)

Die poker BBQ komt volgend jaar wel, nu het weer niet meer voor ;)

Anoniem zei

Haha, verry funny, and a good read again.
BTW, keep up your blog, its one of my morning habbits.

MDH