vrijdag, januari 11, 2008

Stats freak

I'm probably a bit of a stats freak, but as a poker player thats probably a good thing. Once in a while I look into my PT database and try to look at all my stats over a big sample. Which hands are losing, how do specific hands do it from the blinds? By looking at this I can see if I'm overplaying some hands, or maybe opening to much hands.
My last database currently consist of 141K hands (almost 3 months). I think it's still not enough, but it gives some idea of hands that are winning/losing.

Some facts from this database:

Pocket pairs:
- Winning with all of them (AA 5,85 BB/hand)/KK/TT/QQ/JJ most profitable in that order)
- Most dealt (EV=~642 times) JJ -> 698 times
- Less dealt AA -> 565 times (as you can see there is still a huge difference here)

Suited connectors:
- Winning all playable hands 65s+ (AKs, KQs, JTs, 98s most profitable)
- Most dealt 54s(EV=~427 times) -> 441 times
- Less dealt KQs -> 398 times

Broadway hands not suited (JT+):
- Only losing with QTo (-0,01 BB hand), so not really losing, because it's better then nog playing the hand at all.
- Most profitable are AKo (1,22 BB/hand), AQo and AJo
- Most dealt (EV=~1298) KTo -> 1,373 times
- Less dealt KQo -> 1,251

Broadway hands suited:
- Losing with AJs (-0,08 BB/hand) and ATs (-0,11 BB/hand)
- Most profitable AKs (1,90 BB/hand), AQs and KJs
- Most dealt ATs -> 450 times
- Less dealt AQs -> 391 times

Suited aces:
- Losing with AJs,ATs and A7s (-0,18 BB/hand)

All hands:

When you look at how much you win/lose with hands it's not necesseraly bad when losing with a hand. Because when not playing the hand at all, you also lose a certain amount. For example 72o lost 0,15 BB per hand. So basically when I lose more then that I'm playing that hand unprofitabla for sure.

So which hands them I'm playing regularly (> 25% VPIP) are losing more then 0,15 BB/Hand....

K7s -0,16 BB/hand -> VPIP 25%
A7s -0,18 BB/hand -> VPIP 74%
J8s -0,18 BB/hand -> VPIP 35%
K8s -0,28 BB/hand -> VPIP 27%
86s -0,29 BB/hand -> VPIP 45%
J9s -0,38 BB/hand -> VPIP 57%
64s -0,39 BB/hand -> VPIP 35%
97s -0,48 BB/hand -> VPIP 69%

So as a conclusion I can say that I'm probably overplaying 97s (my favorite hand lol) and J9s a litte bit too much. But overall I'm pretty happy with those stats, as there are no real big losers.

This month:
Already played 20K hands which is good and I'm playing really well and I'm up almost $0,60 cent a hand and I'm aiming for $0,40 - $0,50 this year so running above expectation so far.

3 opmerkingen:

pokershow zei

great blog.you are doing something i aspire to do.I will read it regularly to hopefully help in improving my game.I will add you as a link in my 'poker pros' category.

Anoniem zei

Statistics are like miniskirts: they give you good ideas but hide the important things.

Ebbe Skovdahl

Unknown zei

leuk verhaaltje!