woensdag, november 15, 2006

An amazing comeback and some coaching

Yesterday was one of the craziest sessions I've ever had.
In the morning I lost $800 on NL200 in less then 1500 hands. No spectacular pots at all, but just losing money all over the place.

Then in the afternoon I started with teaching someone (Ruben) to play some 6max. He will start at NL25 with a BR of about $550 and hopefully we can make it to NL100.
The first 2 hour session went very well. He played (with offcourse some help from me) about 180 hands and won about $65 (+/- 70 PTBB/100 ;-))which was a 10% increase of his bankroll which is a great start.

Then in the evening I wanted to make my $800 back, but again it started bad and I was down $250 pretty quickly. But thanks to my great table selection I found a huge fish, with lots of money (about $500 at that time). He also turned out to be amazingly lucky (not against me luckily). So I was winning lots of money there and this big fish was hitting the most amazing suck-outs I've ever seen against everyone except me(details will follow). So Within 2,5 hours we both had $1200 at that table.

At that time his luck was over and unfortunalety I didn't hit much against him anymore (the others did), so in the next 1,5 hour he lost his entire stack and I ended up at $1404 (which is a new record for me).

So at the end of the day I finished up $50 after being down to about $1150.

4 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Mooie post. Hoe geef je les aan Ruben? Doe je dat per msn, of thuis? Hoe gaat het in zn werk?

Maurice zei

Ik geef ruben bij mij thuis les. Hij speelt en ik geef tips en advies. Verder stuurt hij af en toe wat HH's op die ik dan doorkijk.

Claudius zei

Hee Maurice, spannend je coaching. Ik vroeg me af of je misschien over msn af en toe wat gedachten wilt wisselen, of heb je dat niet?
Check iig de update op m'n blog, jouw vraag heeft me wel flink aan het denken gezet over m'n eigen acties de laatste tijd.

Maurice zei

Wat mij betreft is dat prima claudius. Mail me maar voor msn contact.