dinsdag, november 21, 2006

My worst hand ever....

and it's not even close...
I almost feel ashamed to show you the worst hand I played in a while.
I don't have the exact HH here, but it still remember it, because it was so bad.

The player in the hand is a bad one. He limps a lot and only raises about 6% of his hands (big pairs and AK/AQ). His stats are about 45/6/1. So he is the kind of player who likes to limp and suited ace/king and other paint cards like JTo. He also goes to showdown way to much, which means he calls to much and is probably not that agressive.

Seat 2: Loose passive fish ( ~$500)
Seat 4: XXX
Seat 6: PayStation4 ( ~$200 )
Seat 1: XXX
Seat 3: XXX
Seat 5: XXX
XXX posts small blind [$1].
XXX posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to PayStation4 [ Ks Qd ]
Loose passive fish calls [$2]
XXX folds.
PayStation4 raises [$9] > standard raise
Loose passive fish calls [$7] > he calls, which means nothing, his range is huge
XXX folds
XXX folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, 4d, 5s ] > pot = $21
loose passive fish checks.
PayStation4 checks > This is a flop a like to check behind, especially against these kind of calling stations with 2 overcards.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ] > at least I have TP now
Loose passive fish bets [$20] > he instantly betted the pot, which looked liked a bluff or a missed check raise on the flop, he also could have a weaker K.
PayStation4 calls [$20] > I make the call, and I think that is the only possibility here
** Dealing River ** [ 6s ] > pot = $ 60 > Now also a 4 (44 beats me)
Loose passive fish bets [$60] > again he betted the pot fairly quickly and as he limped pre-flop it should be clear now that he either has a set or the straight, cause 22-66 are all very likely holdings for him here
PayStation4 calls [$60] > Here you see one of the most stupid calls ever.....I seriously don't know what I thought I could beat here (KJ....) and I knew exactly what he had (22-66), but still I called because he was such a fish.

Lucky for me this was my only real mistake from yesterday so I still ended with a profit of about $350, but somehow this hand keeps going through my mind, so hopefully now I can move one again.
Another nice hand from yesterday was were I got it all-in preflop with KK and was up against A9o.....No Ace on the board and I took down a nice $400 pot, but the funny thing was that his name was something like Markbiggestfishever. How helpful names can be sometimes.....

I also noticed that a lot of people (at least more then I expected) are reading this blog and I'm planning on writing some (possibly) interesting strategy thing again. But I'd like to have some input of everyone reading this about what I can write something. So please let me know.

Hands played in November ~21,000
Won in cash games ~$2200
Bonus received: $650
BR beginning of November: $17,800
Current BR : $20,650
Pending Full Tilt bonus $400

6 opmerkingen:

Loc0Loc0 zei

In die hand lijk idd jij een calling fish ...

No offense maar denk dat een bet in positie je meer informatie had gegeven...

Maurice zei

Je bedoelt op de flop Loco? In dit geval miscchien wel, maar zoals ik al aangaf in de hand, check ik de flop ook weleens tegen mindere spelers met 2 overcards of juist een monster.
Mijn calls op turn en vooral river zijn natuurlijk vele malen slechter.

stayanti zei

Maurice op PN vertelde je dat je veel sit en go s heb gespeeld.

mischien kan je daar wat over vertellen

bijvoorbeeld het heads up gedeelte ben ik erg benieuwd naar of je daar bijvoorbeeld saga gebruikte of zoiets dergelijks

Maurice zei

Heb inderdaad veel SNG's gespeeld, maar moet zeggen dat dit allemaal op redelijk lage limieten was (max $33) en ook al een tijd geleden.

Schrijf dus liever iets over 6max.
Ik zie SNG's ook niet als mijn specialiteit. Overigens probeer ik de laatste tijd wel regelmatig HU SNG's te spelen om mijn HU spel te verbeteren, want dat is zeker nog niet goed genoeg.

Claudius zei

Als ik een suggestie mag doen, schrijf iets over bet sizing op de river. Ik heb hier nog erg veel moeite mee, wanneer bet je pot / 1/2 pot minivalue bet.
En hoeveel bet je met een bluf?

Het is een moeilijk onderwerp, maar daarom vraag ik het ook :P

Maurice zei

Dat kan inderdaad interessant zijn claudius. Een klein ding hierover. Mijn valuebets zijn net zo groot als mijn bluffs op de river (3/4 pot). Ik denk dat dit redelijk essentieel is om je bluf te laten slagen. Verder is het enorm afhankelijk van wat je denkt dat je tegenstander heeft. Zal eens kijken of ik wat handen met voorbeeld kan vinden.