woensdag, oktober 17, 2007

A triple barrel gone wrong...

The hand below is a hand that probably makes me look like a donkey, but for me it felt like a good board to triple barrel. Villian in the hand is a player that I play a lot with and who also is a pro.

EverestPoker Game #2225730388: Table Bamako-0 - $2.00/$4.00 - No Limit Hold'em - 08:36:34 - 2007/10/17
Seat 1: hampolito ($464.15) -> 17/14/3 (3K+ hands)
Seat 2: BldZwtTrn ($568.97)
Seat 6: FLiST ($945.30)
hampolito posts the small blind of $2.00
BldZwtTrn posts the big blind of $4.00
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BldZwtTrn[Js Qs]
FLiST folds
hampolito raises to $12.00
BldZwtTrn raises to $36.00

Calling here pre-flop is also an option, but it was 3-handed and I have position. No problem to re-raise this some of the time.

hampolito calls $24.00
*** FLOP *** [9s 5h 5c]
hampolito checks
BldZwtTrn bets $55.00
hampolito calls $55.00

When I bet this flop, I'm pretty sure I will get called here with almost any pair, so I'm firing a lot of turns when I bet this flop.

*** TURN *** [9s 5h 5c] [Ad]
hampolito checks
BldZwtTrn bets $130.00
hampolito calls $130.00

The turn brings an ace. I don't think he has an ace here very often, maybe A9, but more likely 66-88 or TT-JJ. I could offcourse have an ace here, but I'm not sure if he thinks I'm betting an ace here a lot of the time. The problem for him is that I could be representing the ace with a better hand then his pair. So that's why I'm still betting here.

*** RIVER *** [9s 5h 5c Ad] [Kh]
hampolito checks
BldZwtTrn bets $250.00
hampolito calls $243.15 and is all-in
Uncalled bet of $6.85 returned to BldZwtTrn

When he checks the river again I'm very sure that he doesn't have a big hand here. I put him on A9 at best and he still has a difficult call, cause I could have AK/AA/KK/99 here and he basically only beats a bluff, because I'm not shoving AQo for value here probably.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
BldZwtTrn shows [Js Qs]
hampolito shows [Ac 8c]
*** SUMMARY ***
Board: [9s 5h 5c Ad Kh]
hampolito collects $927.30

But he did call with A8s and I was quite confused here. Seems like a very thin call against my range here. I also don't like his flop play at all, but he made a good call and made me look like the donkey here.

2 opmerkingen:

Claudius zei

"who also is a pro." Dat had ik niet verwacht, ik heb een tijdje niet met 'm gespeeld, maar een paar maanden terug had ik 'm als (kleine) donk getagged.

Over die AK hand uit de vorige post: had je een read dat hij donkt met air of wilde je 'm van een klein paar afpushen?

Maurice zei

Hij verdient zijn geld ermee in ieder geval, maar hij is zeker niet een van de beste en doet soms vreemde dingen, dus kan me voorstellen dat ie een streepje had bij je.

Die gast in AK hand, donkte aan de lopende band met van alles en nog wat, dus dan heb ik geen problemen om AK te CRen hier.