woensdag, oktober 04, 2006

Biggest profitmaker(s) - Strategy

Today I want to tell something about what I think is one of my biggest contributions to my winrate. First of all, table selection. As told before Sixth Sense is a great tool for this. Sometimes I see tables were there are 4 good (20/13/3) players battling with each other.This offcourse is not gonne make you any profit in the long run.

I always look for tables with some high VPIP players with some big stacks and offcours not too many good players. Most of the time it is pretty easy to find 6 of them at Party.When the fish is broke or goes away and I'm left with just tight players, I leave and find a better table. At this low stakes there is just so much fish that it is just stupid to playagainst only TAG's...

The second thing that is very important and which is sometimes a bit more difficult is changeyour play when facing different opponents.Generally I think you can divide palyers in the following groups:

Good TAG players / Bad Loose player
Bigstacks / Shortstacks
Agressive / Passive
Calling stations / 'Bluffable' players

My playing style against all those different players is totally different.For example the Continuation bet, I probably am C-betting a lot more against TAG's,Bigstacks, Passive players and bluffable players then I will do this against the other half.

A second example may be when I hold AK on a K97 board and my flop bet gets raised. Against a Bad/loose player or shortstack I will probably put all my money in, but against a TAG or a passive player I might even fold here if I think I'm up against a set for example.

Another example is playing draws against these different players. I might raise a nut flushdraw against TAG's/ big stacks/ passive and bluffable players, but against the other half you have to be careful with that because you have a lot less Folding equity and that's whatis it all about when raising draws.

These are just a few examples of my different styles against different players. Maybe later I can explain this with some HH's as well.

Geen opmerkingen: