zaterdag, oktober 07, 2006

I hate losing big pots to donks

Yesterday I played a nice session again. At the end I was up about $400 and then this hand came up....
Some background first. The player in the small blind is some 40 VPIP donk who thinks he invented this game. I keep stealing the blinds from the button when its folded to me and he doesn't like that at all as he told me twice before in the chat.
Some hands ago I raised it with 86s and he raises to about $23 and I (offcourse) fold. He shows 87o and keep telling me to stop stealing his blinds.
After that he keeps calling me very light in the blinds with hands like Q9s and T6s.
Then this hand happens (note that we are 3 buy-ins deep):

***** Hand History for Game 5326035390 *****
$100 NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, October 06, 18:59:29 ET 2006
Table Monster #1294087 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 4: dfwbmf ( $548.61 )
Seat 3: PayStation4 ( $299.65 )
Seat 1: teddyb4 ( $40.24 )
Seat 5: MarioLem66 ( $100 )
Seat 2: wyndham101 ( $137.20 )
dfwbmf posts small blind [$0.50].
MarioLem66 posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to PayStation4 [ Jd Js ]
wyndham101 folds.
PayStation4 raises [$3.50].
dfwbmf raises [$19.50] >> The same raise as before, to show me stop stealing
MarioLem66 folds.
PayStation4 raises [$62.50] >> I'm sure he doesn't have QQ/KK/AA here, because he's the kind of guy that would have tried to trap me with that kind of hand.
dfwbmf calls [$46] >> After think for some time he calls. I believe here that he doesn't want to give up on his bluff. Kind of guy that doesn't want to be pushed around when he bluffs.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 4s, 2s ] >> perfect flop for me as I'm almost 100% sure Í have the best hand here
dfwbmf checks.
PayStation4 bets [$100]. >> standard almost potsized bet
dfwbmf is all-In [$482.61] >> after thinking for a while he pushes all-in
PayStation4 is all-In [$133.65] >> I quickly call
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]
PayStation4 shows [ Jd, Js ] a pair of jacks.
dfwbmf shows [ Qh, As ] a pair of aces >> well played!!
The time at which hand ended:Oct 06 2006 19:02 ET
dfwbmf wins $248.96 from side pot #1 with a pair of aces.
dfwbmf wins $597.80 from the main pot with a pair of aces.

After this hand the guy offcourse starts telling me how I overplayed my jacks and that he had me dominated on the flop.
And offcourse against a normal player I would NEVER do this, but against him without thinking for a second.

After all he was the guy who played his hand really horrible. Calling such a big raise pre-flop out of position with AQ is just the worst thing that u could do. And pushing that flop was even worser as my range was about JJ+ AK and he almost had no fold equity there. JJ was about the best he could hope for, giving him a 25% change of winning the pot. Well done sir!

Geen opmerkingen: